- Clean your makeup brushes!! I don’t clean my makeup brushes as much as I should. I cleaned my brushes recently and my makeup went on so much cleaner and my skin felt less cakey. Dirty brushes can be the cause of breakouts and acne, so better safe than sorry!
- Prepare clothing. It’s always good to have outfits in mind for the next day so that you don’t end up rushing. Look in your closet and make a mental note of some outfits you can wear throughout the week…well..if you’re lucky enough not to have a uniform.
- Make sure you have an agenda or planner. This could save your life! I don’t know what I would do without my planner because it organizes my life. Do yourself a favour and make sure you have an agenda/planner.
- Pack your pencil case. This seems so easy yet lots of people forget to do it. It’s better to be over prepared then under prepared so fill that thing up!
- Have a go-to makeup routine for when you’re in a hurry. Being the makeup hoarder I am, this is an essential for me. Figure out a 5-10 minute makeup routine for those rushed mornings.
- Mentally prepare. For me, this is the most important. If you have anxiety or you are just nervous for the school year remember to remind yourself that it’s normal. School isn’t the end of the world even though people make it sound like that. You are there to LEARN! Not to be tortured by awful teachers and mean students. At the end of the day everyone is there for the same reason and that is to better themselves.
I hope this post helped (even though the school year already started for most). Thank you for reading,