- Scents work wonders for anxiety. Light scents like lavender and chamomile tend to calm a person even in stressful situations. So why not give it a try?
- Tea. Chamomile or any others can be really good for stress. Not coffee! Please please PLEASE don’t make my mistake and drink coffee before a stressful situation. There’s nothing worse than having the jitters on top of a panic attack!
- Try listening to ASMR. That’s right. I’m telling you to go to that weird side of YouTube and see how you like it. Tapping and other sound effects can stimulate a calming sensation to certain people. Don’t judge it until you’ve tried it!
- If you have pets, take advantage. Stroke or play with your pet. Realize how much they love you. They NEED you. Animal therapy is a wonderful thing.
- Self care. Do things like bathing, take a shower, try some new skincare products. Feeling cared for by none other than yourself is one of the best feelings.
- Do something that makes you happy. Reading, drawing, dancing, whatever makes you feel a little warmer inside.
- Deal with the situation on hand. Avoidance is one of my biggest issues so I understand how hard this one is. Dealing with what makes you anxious feels impossible, but once you talk about it and handle it, you WILL feel better!
Those are some of my tips on how to relax. Hopefully this could be of use to you and thank you for reading.